Happy Birth MONTH to me! YAY!! I love July! I love everything about it. Two reasons: 1) It’s my birth month…and 2) it’s Miss M’s birth month!
This year, I will embark upon the journey that is 28. Wow. Getting up there huh? LOL jk. I’m good with it! So in the spirit of turning 28, I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you 28 random things you (probably) don’t know about me…and in no particular order…just as they come to me:)
1. I will not eat bag fries. No, I’m not talking about fries that come in bags. I’m talking about the fries that you get through the drive-thru that somehow end up on the bottom of the bag by the time you get home as they have fallen out of the normal fry container. I can’t do it! Think about it. Someone has to stick their hand in that bag to open it, and on the off chance that they had an arm hair or something fall off to the bottom of the bag. No dice! Can’t do it. Sometimes I swear the hubs spills a couple just so that he can have extra. He’s a punk like that sometimes.
2. I love corner pieces. This includes lasagna, cake, any casserole, etc. There is something about getting the corner piece that makes me really happy!!
3. I used to be in the Air Force. If you read my About Me, you already knew that..but if not..yup..true story! I joined when I turned 18…and luckily escaped in 2009. It was a good ride, but I am a much happier person now that I am out.
4. I don’t eat fish. It’s gross, I can’t do it.. freaks me out! I am a firm believer in eating animals when I know what they eat. Fish….not the case. I can’t see what they eat, so I’m not eating it. Who knows what’s in the water they live in.. no thanks!
5. I used to dance in high school. We had a dance team in high school, and we were pretty much awesome;) True stories, we won 1st at State my Junior year. Best time ever! I miss it…but mostly I miss the things my body used to allow me to do…I’d die if I had to do it now.
6. I have a ridiculous memory. I remember such random crap, but then I forget what I should remember. I used to be on it a lot more than I am now, but I think being a mom does that to you. My hubs hates my memory because I can recall an entire conversation, where we were, and what we were wearing, and I often use it to call him out on things when he conveniently forgets that he said he was going to do something… I should have been a stenographer.
7. I used to have a paper route when I was a kid. Okay, so my mom pretty much did the work for me, but I had one. And I hated it.
8. Since 18, have lived in Korea, Georgia, Mississipi, Nevada, and Germany. Crazy sauce! That freaks me out when I type it out. Thats a new place every 2 years. Wow!
9. I talk to my mom at least 2 times a day. When she wakes up…or when I wake her up..and when I get ready for bed. It’s probably not natural, but it works:)
10. I love gambling. Living in Vegas was not a good idea for me. No I didn’t go crazy, but I always won, so it was very addicting:) But luckily, I always knew when to walk away.
11. My lucky number is 12. Everything good that happens, happens on the 12th for me. It always ends up that way. Recalling #10….The hubs and I were on the strip one night…and playing roulette. We forgot we had put some chips that we won in his pocket. Well we had already cashed out and had to use them. So we went back to the table and threw the last chips on 12. And WON!! Best night ever!!
12. I love watching UFC fights. I have gone to two personally (UFC 98 & 116) when we lived in Vegas. Being in Germany, the fights come on around 2am…and while I don’t always get up on time, if it is a title fight, I make sure to get up and stay up! I love it!
13. I have a minor crush on Justin Bieber. Sad story. Miss M is in love with him, and she gets upset that I like him. LOL it’s too much! But whatever, he’s 18 so it’s totally cool now right?
14. I have three tattoos, one that I love, 2 that I regret. One is on my tummy…not smart. They are stars and because of my amazing pregnancy, they now look like shooting stars. It’s not a good look. My favorite is the one on my foot:) I have collected turtles my whole life, so why not collect one on my foot!!
15. I only know the states and their capitols because of this song! And I know the song by heart:) I love it! I can’t wait until Miss M has to learn them for school so I can teach her this song!
16. My dad built me a clubhouse. It was legendary. I’m talking electricity and all. I used to sleep out there with a space heater in the winter time.. LOL I was such a nerd! His buddy even made me a sign that said “Kate’s Clubhouse: NO BOYS ALLOWED” Pretty freaking cool!
17. I won a big wheel race when I was 5. My mom says I started before everyone else, but I beg to differ.
18. I am terrified of birds. No real reason for this phobia, just that they are gross and I hate them. Miss M’s school recently had a field trip to a wild animal park and there was a bird show. It was awful. I literally was crawling through the legs of little kids to get away because they were dive-bombing our heads. No thanks!
19. I always have to have the last word. Always…no really always..:)
20. I am super competitive. The hubs hates playing with me, or betting me. I am a terrible loser and an even worse winner! This upcoming season I am playing Fantasy Football against the hubs and I have already started trash talking! It’s on!
21. I used to memorize dances from MTV videos! It was awesome. Remember when MTV was good?? Seriously!
22. My favorite movie of all time is Adventures in Babysitting. I could easily watch it every day without ever tiring of it!
23. I quote movies like it’s my job. I am pretty sure that every conversation I have with people has some movie quote in it. They typically don’t know what I am talking about, but I do, and that’s all that matters.
24. I won a bike in a raffle when I was a kid. Sadly, the whole “must be present to win” thing meant I didn’t. I’m still not over it.
25. Going from #23…my favorite one to quote is the “What do you know about Ray Finkle?” speech from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.
26. I love reality TV. The Housewives on Bravo are my weaknesses.
27. I have never liked cats and now we have one. Miss M really wanted one when we got to Germany, and the child gets what she wants. The hubs was okay with it, and she’s growing on me…but I’d rather have goldfish.
28. I am a serious nerd. I worked on computers in the Air Force and while I hated it then, I love learning now. I want to go back to school again for web design or programming…someday…maybe this fall after things calm down.
So that’s it! 28 random things about me! I hope you’ll still think I’m normal enough to keep coming back:) LOL
Don’t miss anything. Stay connected!
Where I’m linking up